Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Internet Tough Guys

I was reading an article , "Why are People So Mean? Has the Internet Destroyed Empathy and Compassion?"  This was my response to it.

Many of the people that are, "Internet Tough Guys", probably have little social skills and may have many more underlying issues that they are unaware of.  I say this because I have had the pleasure of interacting with many of those people behind the computer in person (IRL).

Having no accountability can be a dangerous thing.  I believe they feel separate, as though it them against you.  Compassion dissolves as one becomes separate from the whole.  I don't believe there has ever been so many lonely people in the Western world as there is now.  Feeling alone or separate brings out many emotions. Separatism can lead to fear.  Fear leads anxiety.  Anxiety always leads to irrational behavior.  Irrational behavior has no compassion or empathy.  No compassion or empathy and you have yourself a person with no conscience.  No conscience and you have a person that can do bad things without remorse.  No remorse and a person will do what they think will make them feel good if only for a moment to stop the pain.  I would know. I was that person (IRL)!

No comments:

Post a Comment